Simple design changes can help people with dementia stay in their homes for longer, according to research by the University of Stirling and Prof June Andrews.
What I have learnt from this video is really to keep it simple like she mentioned.
- Increase Light Levels
- Contrasting Colours between the Interior of the room
- Contrasting Colours between Crockery and Cutlery
- Safety mechanism for cookers/stoves
- Glass Fronted Fridge
- Visual access to bathroom from the bed
- Taps and plumbing of a simple traditional design
Hope you guys enjoy the video.